Join the LeadingAge New England State Associations for a joint session on:
LEADERSHIP ETHICS IN AGING SERVICES
Presenter: MICHAEL GILLETTE, PH.D., president, BIOETHICAL SERVICES OF VIRGINIA INC.
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 ~ 9:30am - 3:00pm
Hogan Campus Center, Holy Cross College, Worcester, MA
Boards of Directors and senior leaders of organizations serving older adults face a myriad of ethical dilemmas in their work at both the operational and governance level. How can Boards identify, analyze and resolved ethical issues? By using an ethical framework for strategic decision-making.
Dr. Michael Gillette is a LeadingAge association favorite, known for his thought-provoking and interactive programs. He returns to New England to help us explore the ethical complexities inherent in Board-level strategy. Together we will examine realistic aging services scenarios such as
- Prioritizing how your organization’s resources are allocated (especially during times of scarcity);
- Preparing to make significant changes to your organization’s core business model;
- Evaluating options for strategic partnerships; and
- Considering how to effectively market your organization
Don’t miss this opportunity to deepen your ethical awareness and improve your Board’s decision-making processes.
- Review the process by which ethical issues can be identified, analyzed and resolved.
- Consider general issues in leadership/governance ethics as they arise in aging services/senior housing.
- Develop a better understanding of ethical principles relating to budgeting, marketing and change management.
Date: November 28, 2017
Hotel Accommodations: Hilton Garden Inn (35 Major Taylor Blvd, Worcester, MA 01608); Use corporate code 2646953 for rate of $134.00 plus tax.
Dr. Gillette attended Brandeis University as an undergraduate where he graduated magna-cum-laude with majors in philosophy and classical Greek and was elected Phi Beta Kappa. He went to Brown University for his Masters and Ph.D. in Philosophy where he wrote a doctoral dissertation entitled “Paternalism in Psychiatric Medicine: A Philosophical Perspective”. Dr. Gillette has taught philosophy at several colleges and universities, received tenure at Randolph-Macon Woman’s College, published several articles in the field of clinical ethics and has received numerous teaching awards. He is presently President of Bioethical Services of Virginia, Inc., a medical ethics consulting business that works with a wide range of healthcare providers to support their ethics programs. Dr. Gillette also has experience in local government, serving on Lynchburg City Council from 2004-2016 and as Lynchburg's Mayor from 2012-2016, and has consulted with local governing bodies regarding public sector ethics. In addition to providing extensive policy and case consultation services to a variety of different organizations, Dr. Gillette is a dynamic speaker who presents to audiences around the country.
Feedback on Michael Gillette from LeadingAge MA Annual Conference
- Very much enjoyed his enthusiasm, and presentation manner. Very knowledgeable. Excited to hear him again!
- That was the best opening plenary I have ever attended. Engaging and incredibly relevant. I'm already talking with my team about how we can take what was learned and put it into practice.
- He was amazing. I didn't want his presentation to end. It was engaging and so relevant to what we face in many levels in our industry.
Contact Information and Questions:
For further information, please contact Lynn Monaghan, Education and Events Manager
LeadingAge Massachusetts, 246 Walnut Street, Suite 203, Newton, MA 02460
Phone (617) 244-2999 | Fax (617) 244-2995 | LMonaghan@LeadingAgeMa.org