As an association of not-for-profit providers of aging services, LeadingAge Massachusetts is working together with our members and other stakeholders to Expand the World of Possibilities for Aging. Our advocacy agenda and association priorities are guided by the principles listed below.
- Promoting high-quality housing, care, and services across the continuum regardless of consumers’ ability to pay.
- Advocating for sufficient financial resources to provide high-quality housing, care, and services for consumers and others with special needs.
- Ensuring meaningful choices for consumers.
- Enhancing the dignity, autonomy, and engagement of consumers.
- Building community, both within the walls of our members' organizations and with those outside.
- Recognizing and respecting the talents and strengths of professional caregivers.
- Acting as partners in sharing the responsibility of meeting the needs of consumers.
- Recognizing that quality has different dimensions and must be considered from a variety of perspectives.
- Encouraging and rewarding innovation, best practices, and excellence.